Best of Namibia (GD)
Namibia is a vast country, even by African standards, covering an area approximately twice the size of California and four times the size of the United Kingdom, but with a population of a mere 2 million. This gives one of the lowest population densities in the world. It is also an ‘ageless land’; visible through our heritage of rock art created by stone-age artists and geological attractions such as the petrified forest where fossilised tree trunks have lain for over 280 million years. When added to the space and silence, these factors all contribute to a feeling of antiquity, solitude and wilderness.
Ultimate Namibia, offers mid to luxury accommodation. Our ‘best of Namibia’ guaranteed departure safari, with a minimum of 1 and maximum 7 travelers.
It offers fantastic value for money and we offer 38 departures for 2018.
The safari excludes pre and post accommodation in Windhoek thats at an additional cost and depends on your dates , as well as airport transfers. It is a largely inclusive safari (tips, drinks, laundry and items of a personal nature not included). It includes Sossusvlei (staying inside the park), the coast (with an option to sea kayak or partake in a motorized boat activity), Damaraland (Twyfelfontein, desert adapted elephant and Himba), Etosha (spread over the southern and eastern sides of the park) and a day visit to the AfriCat Foundation (with an optional overnight extension there). Because of limited seats available, it does sell out quickly, but gives you a great overview of the type of safaris we suggest in Namibia.
- Travel with one of Namibia’s most reputable and well-known naturalist guides.
- Stay in the only camp inside the world’s 4th largest National Park.
- Climb some of the world’s highest free-standing sand dunes.
- Sea kayak with seals and dolphins on the Skeleton Coast (alternative option ski boat).
- Track for desert-adapted elephants in ephemeral river systems
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Twyfelfontein.
- Visit an authentic and remote Himba settlement
- Memorable and exciting guided game drives within the renowned Etosha National Park, from the vantage point of a specially modified, air conditioned 4×4 with pop tops
- Explore 2 very different parts of Etosha by spending time on both the Etosha Heights and Onguma Private Game Reserves
- Sleep in the tree tops overlooking one of the most productive waterholes on the Onguma Private Game Reserve
- Visit the world renowned AfriCat Foundation and learn more about conservation initiatives involving Africa’s large cats
Itinerary in Brief (please write to us for detailed programme)
Day 1 & 2
Arrive in Windhoek by 08h00. Set off by road to Sossus Dune Lodge, Sossusvlei
Day 3 & 4
Stay at a centrally located guesthouse in Swakopmund
Day 5 & 6
Stay at Camp Kipwe, Damaraland
Cross to Safarihoek Lodge, Southern Etosha National Park
Day 8 & 9
Game drives to Onguma Tree Top Camp, Eastern Etosha National Park Day
Okonjima Day Visitor Centre, AfriCat Foundation; return to Windhoek in the late afternoon
- May (1,8,15,22,29)
- June (5,12,19,26)
- July (3,10,17,24,31)
- August (7,14,21,28)
- September (4,11,18,25)
- October (2,9,16,23,30)
- November (6,13)
- December (18,25)
Low Season (13th February to 31st May 2018): Usd 3800/- per person
Low Season (01st June to 31st December 2018): Usd 4400/- per person
Package Cost Includes:
- Accommodation as stated above.
- Transportation in a luxury air-conditioned safari vehicle
- All meals.
- Services of a registered and experienced naturalist English-speaking safari guide.
- Entrance fees and excursions as described in above itinerary
- Mineral water on board the safari vehicle
- Option of either kayaking or catamaran boat cruise in Swakopmund
- Welcome pack
Package Cost Excludes:
- International flights to Namibia and airport taxes
- Return airport transfers from Windhoek International Airport – Windhoek – Windhoek International Airport
- Pre and post safari accommodation in Windhoek.
- Any entrance fees and excursions not included in the above itinerary.
- All beverages with the exception of mineral water on board the safari vehicle
- Laundry (laundry service available at lodges at extra cost).
- Items of personal nature (telephone expenses, curios, medicines etc).
- ENTRY VISA FEES
- BANK CHARGES (as per bank or 3.5% commission for VISA/MASTER and 4.5% commission for AMEX
- These are indicative pricing
- It doesn’t include GST
- Price are dynamic may change
- Rooms are subject to availability
- Cancellation policy please check before making a request.
- Deposit payment is required at the time of reservation
- Package is subject to availability at time of booking.
- Price is based on per guest on sharing basis only. If A child or 3rd guest wishes to join, please enquiry with us for their rate.
- Full payment will be required to secure your Safari.
- Payment by credit card will attract a 3% service charge.
- Once confirmed and paid, package is non refundable.
- Package is non negotiable or changeable, pre and post add ons (additional nights, Zanzibar, excursions etc.) can be connected, enquire with us for assistance.
- If travelling during Easter, additional supplement fee per guest per day to be applied.
- Government may increase park fees/ permits at any time and you will be liable to pay for the difference.