Glenburn Tea Estate
Glenburn is a heavenly little plantation retreat that lies on a hillock above the banks of the River Rungeet, high in the Himalayas, overlooked by the mighty Kanchenjunga mountain range. The “tea estate” experience was inspired by the vineyards of Europe and other parts of the world, where visitors observe the wine-making process, taste the wine and shop for wine, local crafts and produce. We found the whole experience educational and very interesting, and were inspired to open our own tea estate for tourists who may be interested in knowing about how a tea leaf makes it to their tea cup.
Rate: Rs 43,710/- per room for 02 people sharing on double / twin occupancy inclusive of taxes
Validity: 1st October 2017 – 30th September 2018
Please have a close look at the package below as we include a number of items such as transport, food and activities in our nightly tariff which would otherwise be a separate cost for you. Due to the poor state of our roads, and remote location, we do not offer rates without transport in our 4-wheel drive air conditioned Scorpio vehicles.
Our Glenburn nightly package includes:
- Chauffeur-driven car from Bagdogra Airport, New Jalpaiguri Station, Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Gangtok, Pelling, Rinchenpong to and from Glenburn Tea Estate
- Transport for all activities. Please book this on arrival at Glenburn
- All meals – including picnics/barbeques, refreshments throughout the day
- Complimentary tea, coffee, mineral water, fresh juice and soft drinks
- All laundry, shoe polishing and sewing services
- Personal tours of the tea estate and factory, and a tea tasting session
- Optional overnight stay at Camp Glenburn Log Cabin (2 bedrooms) on river bank
- Nature and bird walks through private forest areas, along river fronts, followed by picnic lunches
- Day trips to Darjeeling town and Kalimpong (car and driver only, expert guide costs on request)