Kenya’s Hidden Treasures
6 Nights/ 7 Days
Discover the rugged, unending scenes of Samburu, the raw beauty and diverse ecosystem, where enormous herds of elephant traverse the vast, arid landscape and leopard den in the rocky outcrops.
Experience the iconic land that so profoundly inspired Hemingway, the Chyulu Hills, a jewel of clouded forest and savannah plains, tucked between Amboseli and Tsavo National Parks, overlooking the highest and most iconic mountain in Africa, Kilimanjaro.
Encounter two of Africa’s last remaining tribes – the Samburu and the Maasai, learning first-hand about their ancient knowledge and fascinating customs and their incredible connection with the wildlife and wilderness.
Day 1 – Saruni Samburu
Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, where a Saruni vehicle will transfer you to Wilson Airport for your light to Samburu.
Depart Nairobi in the morning*, arriving at Samburu an hour later, where your Saruni Samburu guide will meet you and transfer you to the lodge, or take you on a game drive.
Afternoon game drive on Kalama Conservancy exploring over 200,000 acres of pristine wilderness in total privacy and sundowners with a breathtaking view.
Day 2 – Saruni Samburu
Early morning game drive into Samburu National Reserve to seek out the ‘Samburu Special Five’: the Reticulated giraffe, the Grevy zebra, the Beisa oryx, the Somali ostrich and the gerenuk, all rare species that occur only in this part of the country, and look for its well known larger wildlife including elephants, lion and leopard.
Enjoy a picnic lunch before heading back to the lodge to relax for the afternoon.
Enjoy a complimentary half hour massage upon arriving back at the lodge at the Samburu Wellbeing Space.
Day 3 – Saruni Samburu
Continue to explore the wonders of Samburu with a morning game drive and after lunch possibly head out on a nature walk discovering animals, plants and the caves in the local area with rock paintings, led by your skilful and knowledgeable Samburu guides.
Evening game drive in Kalama Conservancy, the 200,000-acre private wildlife conservancy in which Saruni Samburu is located, ending with a bush dinner under the stars in the middle of the wilderness, and a night drive back to the lodge. The Samburu warriors dancing, candles and ire under the vast African skies, make this a truly magical experience, and one of the highlights of your stay.
Day 4 – Ol Donyo Lodge
Depart Samburu in the morning* on your chartered flight and arrive in the Chyulu Hills two hours later in time for a delicious lunch surrounded by gorgeous scenery.
Head out on an afternoon game drive and celebrate the sunset with a sundowner and the picturesque backdrop of Kilimanjaro.
Day 5 – Ol Donyo Lodge
Wake up early for an exhilarating horse ride through the wilderness or a forest walk leading you to a bush breakfast.
Set off on a scenic flight over Kilimanjaro, Amboseli and Tsavo if you choose, or relax for the afternoon, finishing off the day with a spa treatment.
Day 6 – Ol Donyo Lodge
Embark on a Maasai Village visit and learn more about the fascinating culture of the area, and the remarkable relationship between lodge and the local Maasai communities.
Game drive, horse ride or bush walk to a sundowner in a scenic spot with an incredible view.
Day 7 – Departure
Enjoy your final morning waking up in paradise to a beautiful sunrise, the dawn chorus and the majestic Mount Kilimanjaro in the distance.
Depart on your charter light and arrive at Wilson in Nairobi just over an hour later. The times of this flight will be arranged according to your international light.
Package price per person on twin share basis (4 people) : Rs 2,92,200/- (April & May 2018)
Package price per person on twin share basis (4 people) : Rs 4,02,800/- (July to October 2018)
Package price per person on twin share basis (4 people) : Rs 4,40,400/- (July to October 2018)
Tour Price Includes:
- Full board accommodation, conservation fees,
- All internal flights and transfers (including taxes)
- Airport meet and greet
- Temporary Flying Doctors membership,
- Game drives in 4×4 vehicles
- Soft drinks, beer and house wine and local spirits, laundry
- One complimentary half hour massage at Saruni Samburu
Tour Price Excludes:
- International Airfare
- Additional Wellbeing Space treatments
- Champagne, imported spirits and luxury wines at both lodges,
- Additional activities
- All statutory increases beyond our control
- Visa fees
- Gratuities to lodge staff and guides.
- Government Service Tax.
- These are indicative pricing
- It doesn’t include GST
- Price are dynamic may change
- Rooms are subject to availability
- Cancellation policy please check before making a request.
- Deposit payment is required at the time of reservation
- Package is subject to availability at time of booking.
- Price is based on per guest on sharing basis only. If A child or 3rd guest wishes to join, please enquiry with us for their rate.
- Full payment will be required to secure your Safari.
- Payment by credit card will attract a 3% service charge.
- Once confirmed and paid, package is non refundable.
- Package is non negotiable or changeable, pre and post add ons (additional nights, Zanzibar, excursions etc.) can be connected, enquire with us for assistance.
- If travelling during Easter, additional supplement fee per guest per day to be applied.
- Government may increase park fees/ permits at any time and you will be liable to pay for the difference.