The Ultimate Travelling Camp – India’s Exclusive Mobile Luxury Camp
The first truly mobile luxury camps in India, covering a range of destinations and festivals. This nomadic super-luxury camp introduces the discerning traveller to different adventures in carefully selected locations in the mountains, deserts, jungles and unexplored countryside. Experience the many moods of exotic India with its dramatic landscapes and unexplored rural surroundings. Rediscover yourself meet gurus from the far reaches of the Himalayas; raft down the River Indus; watch a game of polo, the sport of the royals; picnic in picturesque spots, celebrate tribal colours at the Hornbill Festival; explore quaint Naga villages, or simply curl up in your ‘tent with a view’, and so much more…
The Ultimate Travelling Camp can be customised for special occasions for friends and families – a celebration, a wedding, an anniversary, or a special birthday.
Chamba Camp, Thiksey -Ladakh: The Land of the Lamas
Embark on a nomadic journey in canvas luxury. Unfurl the centuries-old culture of Ladakh, exploring her fascinating monuments, quaint monasteries enriched with ancient art forms, fairs and festivals. Be part of the region’s unique rituals – enjoy the ancient sport of Polo, brought to Ladakh in the 17th century by the Royals. Try your hand at archery set amidst the most dramatic and breath-taking landscape. Raft on the gentle Indus River, stop for a delicious picnic lunch at the most picturesque hamlet. Experience Ladakh in all its splendour at the Chamba Camp, Thiksey (in the Leh Valley) brought to you by ‘The Ultimate Travelling Camp’.
Rate: Double Occupancy per person starts from Rs 1,08,000/- (Luxury Suite Tent)
Validity: 15 May to 10 October 2018
A land of varying landscapes, from white deserts to blue lakes, ice-capped mountains to lush valleys, Ladakh, like a dream captured in a snow globe, is a wildly beautiful milieu set between the Kunlun Mountains and the Himalayas. Located in a valley just north of the Indus River is Leh, the capital of Ladakh, a region often referred to as ‘Little Tibet’. The centuries-old culture of this picturesque capital city finds expression in its monuments, monasteries, oral literature, art forms, fairs and festivals.
Day 1:Following your arrival at Leh, transfer to the Chamba camp in Thiksey. Soak in the serenity and picturesque surrounding as you relax and acclimatize.
Day 2:The Little Tibet experience: Visit the Matho Monastery and orientation tour of Leh.
Day 3:Experience two Paths to Nirvana: Participate in the early morning prayer ceremony at Thiksey Monastery and later visit the Hemis Monastery.
Day 4:Bid farewell to the Land of the Lamas.
- You will be guests at a magical early morning, prayer ceremony at Thiksey Monastery
- Watch a colourful sunset from Shanti Stupa overlooking the Old City of Leh
- Experience the traditional game of Archery
Terms & Conditions
- Children between 1 year and 5 years sharing the bed with their parents
- Children (6 years – 11 years) travelling with the parents will be accommodated in the Luxury Suite Tent or Presidential Suite Tent.
- All Costs are in INR.
- The tour costs are per person for the total package.
- Goods and services tax of 5% shall apply on the total billing for all bookings. Subject to change without prior notice.
- Children below 5 years of age shall be allowed free, subject to sharing of double bed with parents.
- The tour program is subject to change as per the prevailing political and local conditions.
- Our services are from Leh airport to Leh airport.
- Terms & Conditions apply.
TUTC has luxury camps available at Nagaland, Dudhwa, Thiksey and Diskit